Thursday, April 10, 2014

do you remember walking
postholing
through the snow
deep, even though we were on the trail through the trees
my world black and green and white and blue, and so perfect in its simplicity

do you remember walking
(up, up up we go)
higher and higher
(all the way to the top,
     all the way to the top)
and we were burdened with our toys for wonderful locomotion down
and we were lifted with the goal of reaching the point of the
beginning
of the
descent

and I said

don't you see those little white moths? are there little white moths here? do you not see them?

and you smiled
and said
let's have a peanut butter and jelly sandwich.

and we sat down and had a snack.

the moths went away, sadly. but I remember them.

I remember them and the memory makes me smile easily.

No comments:

Post a Comment